Friday 12 October 2012

Marathon - Before


Well, race weekend is upon me (Toronto Waterfront). Time to put all the training to the test. See how I measure up. Being my first marathon, I am definitely a little nervous, but also very excited. Can't wait to step over that start line and get to it!
There will be some pent up energy, I'm sure, after ramping the training down for the last few weeks. I feel it already. I find music helps a great deal to relax and get in the right frame of mind. The "zone", if you will. Trying to piece together an appropriate soundtrack for the iPod and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Doesn't have to be crazy fast or heavy, as long as its got a good beat to it. Drums and bass are the key, for me.
I expect it will be a journey of patience and perseverance. Much like training. Much like life itself. Will reflect here post race. See you on the other side ...

No comments:

Post a Comment